10.21.2015

One on a Sticky Note

I clicked apply, saw the ridiculous spinning wheel, and proclaimed with a quick wave of my hand, "And folks, this is where I simply walk away for a few moments and practice my patience."  I did just that too - walked between two of the tables as we all shared a laugh.  When I turned around to make my way back to the front, the wheel was gone and the report was loaded.   


A few minutes later when everyone was back to working through the work on their own, a lovely first grade teacher handed me a sticky note which read, "Patience is the ability to idle your engine when you feel like stripping your gears."  It was written in perfect first grade teacher handwriting and I thought to myself, okay I get it - here is yet another reminder.  I smiled at her and we nodded in our heads in a mutual understanding.    

 
Patience.  It isn't easy and it's especially not easy for this girl.  

It's like Momma Debi has said to me time and time again.  

"We can all have patience.  But real patience is not just waiting, but waiting graciously."  


The universe gave me a sign today - quite literally one on a sticky note.  

I'll take my hint.  

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful photos, Amy. Patience is a hard lesson to learn for active, dynamic people wanting to squeeze out the best of every moment. You are doing just fine.

Amy said...

Thanks Sandy - glad you think so. :) You're doing just fine too.