10.16.2015

Fall to the Next

I think fall as a season is meant to be a reminder to enjoy the current and the now before worrying about the next.  After fall comes winter and we know it happens the same every year and yet, there's something about fall that brings out the happy in us.  Seeing the colorful leaves, wrapping a sweater around your shoulders for the first time, hugging a cup of coffee with steam rising from the cool air meeting the hot liquid, hearing the crispness of the grass as you walk through - it all makes us take pause.  

Yesterday, I had a mild breakdown of sorts.  An anxiety fueled session of worrying about moving.  Where will the stuff fit?  How will we coordinate the coming together of two complete houses into one?  It probably started as a legitimate concern but ended as a tailspin of going nowhere fast.  Self admittedly, I let it get the best of me when I deep down know it will all settle in and figure itself out as things like this tend to do when they are done for all the right reasons.  All of my worries were about the tiny stuff, the material things.  The big stuff, the who we are as people being together causes me absolutely no concern.    

This morning, I awoke feeling like I once again hold the capacity to enjoy the current season before worrying about the next.  Figuratively and literally.  I slid my arms into my favorite long sweater, walked to the kitchen to start the coffee, and looked outside at the mountains with the yellow trees in front of them.  

Fall.  

No comments: