10.15.2015

Plural Pineapple

A few weeks ago in Fargo, I wrote this. 

I wore high heels for the first time today in 5.5 months, three cheers for being normal.   

The internet didn't work this morning in my training.  The system I train for is only on the internet.  So in other words, it was awesome.  Insert extreme sarcasm here.  I sent folks on a seven minute break and came up with Plan B because the show must go on.  

Today, my outfit was a purple dress with a gold scarf.  I enjoyed it much and then I thought to myself, "Self, these are your high school colors.  If you were still sixteen and high school, you would laugh at this as a mom outfit trying to be school spirit-ish."  Then I moved on.  

My coworker invited me over for lunch today because I was in her town and fed me lettuce, spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, pineapple, and grapes.  In other words, heaven.  I find it funny that the plural of pineapple is pineapple.  I would like to say pineapples but it just isn't correct, so I don't.

I love the days and nights I work in the same town that my little sister lives.  I think I will bribe Em to always live there so I have someone to have patio rooftop pizza with and someone to braid my hair and teach me how to put on blush in the evenings after the work day is done.  It's so much better than sitting in a hotel room by yourself.  So much better.  Love that little nugget this much, arms open wide. 


The above picture is the evidence that yes, we went to Rhombus Guys twice in one week.  Once to sit on the patio and once to sit in a booth and color - both to eat their delicious Cuban pizza.

No comments: